Student support(aimed at undergraduate studies)
This is an overview of the study / course of study in respect of students of environmental and urban areas. Please keep an eye on the department notice boards, electronic notice boards as well as information provided by e-mail, etc.Class representatives should be consulted for uncertain points.
Environmental city subject has received approval of JABEE（Japan Accreditation Board for Engineering Education）．
"Study / education achievement targets" achievement status self-check sheet This is an Excel check sheet used in J-note inspection.
About the human society subject
Environmental and urban areas have Individual study / educational achievement targets．Of these, target (C) aims to build a multi-faceted thinking which not only considers the technical logic, but also deeply studies the "impact that engineering has on nature as well as society". For this reason target (C) is linked with human science subject which is a humanities subject (compulsory elective).
In order to get to know this, display Syllabus of human society subject with study / educational achievement targets．This pdf file contains the syllabus of 24 human society subjects. The content is the same as that which can be seen in the syllabus search system but notes that related study / learning achievement target is target (C).
Study / study path support details
First part of first year
- In the new students' guidance, study/educational achievement targets and subjects to complete are explained. Social engineering introduction of introduced subjects contain lectures relating to the overview of each of the specialist subjects as well as smaller class seminars or field trips divided into research groups.
- End of September
- Results from the first term are distributed by class representative staff (daily presentation on student portal, etc.)/ If there are questions regarding study / unit attainment please feel free to ask the class representative.
Latter part of first year
- Please receive instruction from the class representative after noting and inspecting the unit achievement status on the self-check sheet for "academic and education achievement target" in J-note. Please ask without hesitation if you have any questions.
In Social Engineering foundation IV, design education is conducted in groups. There is other fundamental education of specialist subjects.
Early part of second year
- Early April
- Guidance will be conducted. Please receive J-note's study/education attainment target, attainment evaluation and instruction from class representatives.
- End of September
- Results from the first term are distributed by class representative staff (daily presentation on student portal, etc.)/ Subsequently please always receive instruction from class representative staff as well as doing a self-check to the J-note.
Latter part of second year
- The specialist subjects are started properly. The subject must be submitted by the deadline and study / experiment should be tackled dynamically.
- Latter term result distribution (presented daily in the student portal) from the class representative hence please ensure to receive instruction from class representative as well as self-check into J-note.
First part of third year
- Early April
- Guidance will be conducted. Please receive J-note's study/education attainment target attainment evaluation and instruction from class representatives.
- End of September
- Explanation relating to progressing to graduate schools, introduction to graduate thesis allocation / research offices, employment activity support and public servant tests, etc. will be provided.
Latter part of the third year
- Early October
- A detailed explanation will be given on progressing onto graduate school, graduate thesis allocation, employment search, public office examination support in "environment and urban areas engineering lecture" so please ensure attendance. In this lecture, a variety of talks will be given by graduate lecturers in respect of each type of work (public servant, road company, rail company, energy company, construction company, consultancy, etc.) so please use it as reference in thinking about your future path. Moreover, it is designed to be a practical lecture course with seminars such as practice for graduate school progression or public office exams and practice interview communications so please tackle it dynamically.
- October -
- Private interview will be held by the employment representatives for further academics or employment so please look out for contact.
- End of October
- Laboratory assignment will be conducted for graduate research. Adjustment will be carried out for laboratory assignment so please give attention to any communications.
- Please attend as much as possible in order to consider your future path.
- Early November
- An explanation will be provided from the allocated research room in respect of the method and events regarding the future research and the way to use the study rooms and the PCs, etc. hence please follow the instruction from each teaching staff. Various advice and support can be given from the graduate school students or staff in the research offices in respect of questions relating to future academic progress, employment and research. Moreover, there is also guidance and instruction from the staff in charge of employment so please be mindful of contact with them too.
Please directly receive the results after the allocation of research group and directly receive instruction.
- Graduate research is conducted in the allocated research office.
List of staff supporting the students
Please add @nitech.ac.jp to the email address Head of environmental and urban areas